At the Anderson Law Firm in Fort Worth, we try to update the public about dangerous products and product recalls as much as we can by using our blogs, like this one. Our accident and injury attorneys know that these unsafe products are a hazard to our families and we want the public to be informed as much as possible. However, with so many product recalls and dangerous toys and the like out there, it's impossible for us to keep up with all of them!
Did you know products like toys, cookware and lawn equipment can be considered defective even if there is no product recall? No matter how big or small, defective products can cause serious injuries to people, especially children. Texas law provides that people injured by unreasonably dangerous products are entitled to be compensated for their injuries—but what do you need to prove that the item was indeed defective and dangerous?
At the Anderson Law Firm, we recommend the following steps if you've been injured by an unsafe product:
• Save the product in its current condition
• Save all the manuals, instructions and paperwork that goes with the product
• Get the information of any witnesses that saw the accident happen
• Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries
• If you are hurt, seek medical attention immediately
• Write down your injury symptoms days after the accident
• Do not give a recorded statement, sign a medical records authorization, or accept a settlement before talking to a products liability attorney
Following this advice will help you to get most value from your products liability accident claim. If you've been injured by a defective product, call the Fort Worth product liability attorneys at the Anderson Law Firm for a free case consultation. You may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. Contact us today at 817-294-1900.